Family Law Attorney Serving Washington, D.C. and Maryland
Experienced lawyer providing sound counsel on domestic matters
At the Law Offices of Jesse A. Gadson, PLLC, I provide experienced, quality family law legal services to families and individuals throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. If you are contemplating divorce or have questions about another type of family law concern, it is important that you talk to an experienced attorney. Knowledge is powerful and you need to understand your rights before making any decisions that will impact the rest of your life. I will work personally with you to understand what is most important and then work diligently to deliver a successful result.
Established firm takes on divorces and cases involving parental rights
In Washington, D.C. and the Maryland suburbs, my firm assists with all types of family law matters, including:
- Divorce — No one wants to go through a divorce, but when the time comes, I am committed to protecting your interests and helping you conclude your marriage in a positive manner.
- Child custody — Whenever possible, my firm seeks to develop custody and visitation arrangements that meet children’s needs and build a sense of trust and cooperation among parents.
- Child support — Whether you’re discussing initial child support terms, need the payments owed to you by your ex or want to have the rate changed due to shifting circumstances in your life, I can help.
- Alimony — If one spouse earns more than the other, alimony might be awarded. I can explain the factors that courts use in these decisions and press for a fair result.
- Property distribution — A divorce doesn’t just end a romantic relationship, but also a financial partnership that could have been in place for years. My firm strives to achieve a fair outcome in property distribution matters and has the skill to handle cases involving complex assets and high-value marital estates.
Blending compassionate counsel and aggressive advocacy, I offer comprehensive legal support no matter what type of domestic legal challenge you face. How the right attorney can help you overcome a family law challenge Divorce and other family law issues can be very tough, but it is important to remember that you can survive this challenge and move forward. Having assisted clients like you for more than 35 years, I can give you honest counsel about how situations such as yours have been resolved successfully. When you have a firm grasp of the relevant law, you can put aside empty threats and focus on what must be done to achieve the result you seek. My firm stands with you every step of the way in pursuit of a resolution that safeguards your interests and gives you peace of mind.
Representing both men and women in paternity proceedings
When a married woman gives birth, her husband is automatically listed on the infant’s birth certificate as the father. This is not true when biological parents are not wed, even if they have been in a long-term relationship and there is no question about the child’s parentage. Both parties can execute a Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity to correct this situation. However, if a disagreement exists over who the father is, more intensive legal action might be necessary. In some cases, I work to establish a father’s right to spend time with his son or daughter when he lacks legal paternity. My firm also represents mothers who need an order on paternity to collect child support from their child’s father. Many of these cases are decided through genetic testing and I can explain how the process works.
Contact an accomplished Washington, D.C. family lawyer for a consultation
The Law Offices of Jesse A. Gadson, PLLC in Washington, D.C. advises clients in the District and Maryland on various family law concerns, including divorces and custody disputes. Please call 202-972-1343 or contact me online to set up a consultation.